Tuesday 22 November 2011

The Nyonya Reception!

We had our Nyonya reception last Saturday. Wow... I feel relieved that dinner went smooth and definitely satisfied. We had great company, good food and fun friends and family! Appreciate every single thing and efforts from everyone who made our day. And it was Wee Yang's birthday too~!

Started the day with Betrothal Gift Exchange ceremony or also know as Guo Da Li in mandarin. Family and relatives arrived as early as 9 morning. Lunch was prepared by mum and her helpful neighbours. They were kind enough to lend a hand for the whole morning session. I love my neighbourhood!

Our cows cuppies!

home-cooked lunch 

gift from Emily :)

The girls had lunch at my place before check in to their hotel for rest.

Left for Ambridge Cottage at 2.30pm for makeove and hairdo. Very early isn't it? The reason why I was early at the venue for dinner. :) I am the special bride to reached the venue before everyone else (except my relatives and friends).

I was nervous. Seriously. We have Birthday Surprise planned and I was afraid our guests will get bored. Thank god, no complaints YET. Lol. I was helped by the girls and siblings. Fuh... I don't think the dinner can be so fun and smooth without them.


Everyone has their own task for the Birthday Surprise! I have to make sure it remains secret, communicate with Feo Man and the gang and coordinate with everyone in the 'team'!

SURPRISE! 

Three Musketeers  

WY's birthday cake 

Birthday Boy~

As a 'mastermind', I have informed the restaurant PIC about my plans. 'Golok' the technical guy helped a lot, although there are some miscommunication in between. Overall, whole 'team' did an excellent job. :p

Speaking of dinner flow, we did encounter a little problem here and there especially the seating arrangement, unexpected amount of guests and delay in food (may be). We had so much fun towards the end as everyone was so excited and 'high'. Haha. Everything turned out perfect (almost) and we appreciate all the hard work and efforts as it really helps in making our day a success!

 couple of the night

Our wedding cake 

My lovely teammate

 with coursemate - Tele

Nyonya Beauty Pageant!

Special thanks to Chang and Gallen for the help. Too many names to be listed. Glad that we have wonderful friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment