Friday 11 February 2011

Bai Ti Kong @ Malacca

Yeah.. I am at Malacca now~

Just done with Bai Ti Kong or also known as Praying to the Jade Emperor.. On the 8th day of CNY, all the Hokkiens (including Nyonya in my family) busy preparing their offering to Jade Emperor. I missed this celebration since I went to UM. So, I am so determined to come back this year. Hehe. Applied leave in advance as well. (2 days earlier. LOL).

Another family gathering at my house. Without my sister (busy preparing for her final exam). I wish my akong was here. :(

My neighbour (satay), funny name right? (Well, we have all sort of nicknames here in kampung.) had very 'high profile' celebration every year. A group of reporters came for photoshooting and interview. Unlike my house, we only had it small and simple. We only excited about the lion dance, firecrackers and fireworks. Even now at 2am, I can't sleep because of the noisy sound of firecracker.

Some pictures last night via my HTC.

Lion dance in my house

Huge dragon joss sticks

prawnsssss

Can u guess what is this? Pork stomach !!!

homemade puddings

my house - less high profile.. :)

rabbits

two ducks with a chicken!

Lion in the house

gigantic sea cucumber

Carlsberg for lion

lion dance

wooo... super giant squid

neighbour's house

the lion crews


fish + chicken combination

various types of food on the table (neighbour's)

Non-halal :p

I love crabs~

 Need not to label this. Lol

Most of the photos taken from my neighbour's unless stated..

Off to bed~

No comments:

Post a Comment